Birkacre Nurseries and Garden Centre have quietly been building a reputation for quality, service & value, which we believe is unsurpassed in this area. Whether you are a novice or an “old hand” we feel confident that you’ll find everything here that you’re looking for from a garden centre.
We have a lot of exciting things happening around our store. Our new restaurant is now open, so why not come down and try our selection of cakes, and sandwiches.
We are sure you'll find something to enjoy at our garden centre, we hope to see you soon.
If you have not done so already its not to late to get out on a dry day and cut back in the garden. If your soil is heavy use a wide board placed between the plants to get in between the plants, if your soil is light a frosty day can allow clean access. Once you have cut back and removed debris fork over the surface around the plants and bury annual weeds. Whilst out with the fork it's not to late to roughly dig over vegetable plots to expose the soil to frosts. This not only breaks the soil down for spring sowing but also kills off a good number of annual weed seed.
- A new pop-up ‘White Garden’ at Kensington Palace is to pay tribute to Diana, Princess of Wales 2 December 2016
- DECEMBER – HTA PLANT OF THE MOMENT FESTIVE FAVOURITES – HTA THE HOLLY AND THE IVY 1 December 2016
- Ambassadors for gardening are setting out to enthuse a new generation 30 November 2016
- The National Allotment Society (NAS) says it is ‘very disappointed’ 28 November 2016
- The RHS is calling for keen amateur garden photographers 24 November 2016