Reward Card Terms & Conditions
Birkacre Nurseries & Garden Centre Limited
Reward Card Terms and Conditions
- The loyalty card scheme hereafter known as ‘the Scheme’ rewards members with points redeemable as vouchers when they make qualifying purchases at Birkacre Garden centre.
- These terms and conditions hereafter know as ‘the Conditions’ set out the terms on which you can join the scheme, earn points and convert these points into reward vouchers to spend at Birkacre Garden Centre. These are also the terms relating to data protection.
- If you join the Scheme or use a reward card, you automatically accept these Conditions.
- Joining the Scheme and using your Card
- Your name, full postal address, email address, date of birth and signature must be provided for a Card to be registered. Applicants must be aged 16 or over and must have a resident UK, Channel Island or Isle of Man address. The Scheme reserves the right to refuse an application at its sole discretion.
- Your Card is issued by, and remains the property of, the Scheme. It must be returned to the Scheme on request or destroyed when no longer valid for use.
- If you do not register your Card with full details required by us you will not become a member or be able to redeem your points nor will you be eligible for other Scheme offers and promotions from time to time.
- If the Scheme reasonably believes that you have breached these Conditions and/or abused the Scheme, Cards may be terminated without prior notice. The Scheme reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary where a Card is found to have been used in a way that abuses the Scheme.
- The Scheme also reserves the right to: (a) stop issuing Cards at any time; (b) on notice to you, alter or amend these Conditions of operation of the Card and/or Scheme; and (c) on notice to you, amend, withdraw or cancel the Cards and/or the points (including the value, redemption and issue of such) and/or terminate the Scheme. In particular, we may close your account if sufficient points have not been earned to qualify for the issuance of vouchers for 12 months or if the Card has not been used for a period of 12 months or more.
- You may terminate your Card at any time in which case all points on the Card and vouchers issued shall be lost.
- You are responsible for the security of your Card and all vouchers issued on that Card. If you believe an unauthorised person has compromised the security of the Card by, for example, its theft or the theft of personal information relating to it you should notify Birkacre Garden centre immediately. Lost, damaged or stolen Cards can be replaced by visiting Birkacre Garden Centre. A Card and vouchers issued should be treated like cash. The Scheme is not responsible for any unauthorised use of the Card or any lost or stolen vouchers.
- Any Card issued is personal to the person whose personal details were submitted with their registration. A Card and any points on it are non-transferable, and can only be used by the registered cardholder.
- Only one membership per household. We reserve the right to refuse, merge or close additional accounts at any time.
- Please keep us informed of any changes of address or email address. To update your details, please email [email protected]
- The Scheme is not open to employees of Birkacre Garden centre.
- Points and reward vouchers
- To collect points at Birkacre Garden Centre, you must present your Card at the till at the time of. You cannot claim points on purchases made before you joined the Scheme.
- Points will be awarded on all merchandise sold in Birkacre Garden Centre, with the exception of gift tokens, garden buildings and other products from time to time as notified.
- You will receive points on qualifying transactions in centre and online. Points are awarded at a rate of 1 point for every £1.00 spent. These rates can be altered at the Scheme's discretion on reasonable notice. The Scheme reserves the right to give such notice via post, email or our website. The Scheme may also display notices detailing any variation to the points earning ratio instore. The number of points issued may vary between qualifying purchases.
- The Scheme reserves the right to offer bonus points on certain products as selected by Birkacre Garden Centre from time to time in its sole discretion.
- The Scheme will give Cardholders as much notice as it reasonably can of any decision to terminate or vary any points offers. The Scheme reserves the right to give such notice via post, email or our website. The Scheme may also display notices detailing any termination or variation to any points offers instore.
- Each point has a redemption value of 5p against qualifying merchandise, each point earned will count towards your mailing voucher. The Scheme reserves the right to vary the rates at any time on reasonable notice. The Scheme reserves the right to give such notice via post, email or our website. The Scheme may also display notices detailing any variation to the points redemption value instore. All points awarded and all mailing vouchers issued have no monetary value.
- Several times a year the Scheme will arrange, either via its own systems or via its outsourced service providers, for you to be sent, either via email or post, the chosen means to be at the Scheme's sole discretion, your printed vouchers corresponding to the number of points in your account at the time of the mailing extract. The mailing will only contain vouchers if you have a qualifying points balance of £1.00. The Scheme shall not be responsible for vouchers lost in the post or bounced via email.
- The Scheme is entitled to vary the qualifying points balance and the number of mailings a year, from time to time at its sole discretion. The Scheme will give Cardholders as much notice as it reasonably can of any variation to the qualifying points balance and/or the number of mailings a year. The Scheme reserves the right to give such notice via post, email or our website. The Scheme may also display notices detailing any variation to the qualifying points balance and/or the number of mailings a year, instore.
- All Reward Card Vouchers issued in accordance with points earned will have an expiry date specified on it and will be subject to any other terms and conditions stated on the voucher or otherwise publicised.
- If the Scheme reasonably suspects abuse, fraud or misconduct in respect of use of the Card, it may refuse to issue and/or cancel points or vouchers. You are not entitled to any points awarded as a result of any human or software error which results in the award of points or vouchers to which you are not entitled under these Conditions.
- Vouchers are personal to you, non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. They can only be used when presented with the registered Card. Vouchers that the Scheme deems to be damaged, defaced or photocopied will not be accepted.
- General Terms
- The Scheme may vary these Conditions and will give Cardholders as much notice as it reasonably can. The Scheme reserves the right to give such notice via post, email or our website. The Scheme may also display notices detailing any variations to these Conditions instore. Earning further points or using vouchers following such variation shall constitute acceptance of the changes the Scheme makes.
- Cardholders should check our website and specifically these Conditions frequently in order to ensure they are aware of any changes that the Scheme has made to these Conditions.
- If the Scheme decides to transfer the scheme to another legal entity, it may transfer all of its rights and obligations under these Conditions without your consent and may disclose information about you to any potential or new owner.
- The Scheme will not be liable to Cardholders for losses suffered by Cardholders. This limit on liability does not exclude or limit the Scheme's liability for death or personal injury caused to a Cardholder as a result of the Scheme's negligence. These Conditions prevail if they conflict with any other material issued by the Scheme to Cardholders in connection with the operation of the Scheme.
- The Scheme and Cardholders rights and obligations under these Conditions and any dispute in relation to them shall be governed by English law and heard to the exclusion of all other forums in the English courts. The Scheme's obligations to Cardholders in respect of the Scheme are contained in these Conditions and nowhere else.
- Data Protection
- What personal information we collect about you
- Information that you provide when completing your Reward Card application on our website or instore (including your name, date of birth, postal address, email and phone number);
- Information relating to your membership of any of our clubs, such as Reward Card.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters including your name and email address (you can unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of our emails);
- When you use Reward Card to shop with us, or use Reward Card vouchers or coupons, we may collect transaction information, including the in-store and online purchases you earn Reward Card points for and how you use your Reward Card coupons and vouchers within Birkacre Garden Centre, and
- Any other personal information that you choose to send to us
- How we will use your personal information
- By joining up to the Scheme and providing your personal data listed above, you agree to your name, date of birth, postal address, email address and other personal data you supply ('personal data') being used by Birkacre Garden Centre for the following purposes:
- To organise and administer the scheme, your application and your account;
- with your agreement, to send you information regarding your Reward Card (if you have subscribed to our Reward Card), including your statement, vouchers and coupons, details of events and any other information that we believe will be of interest to you (you can cancel your Reward Card membership at any time by contacting [email protected]) or by visiting us in-store;
- To send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- To send you goods purchased through our website, in-store or by phone;
- To send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- With your agreement, send you birthday vouchers by post or email (you can unsubscribe to these at any time by emailing [email protected] or by clicking unsubscribe on the email);
- With your agreement, send you marketing communications by post or email (you can unsubscribe to these at any time by clicking unsubscribe on the email);
- To deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website, reward card scheme or business;
- We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third parties direct marketing.
- Retaining Personal Information
We will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as is necessary to administer your membership with the Scheme. If you cancel your registration as a member we will mark your record on our database and retain your details for administration purposes prior to deletion before the end of any period required by law.
- Security of Personal Information
Your personal data shall be held and stored on secure and encrypted computers. The Scheme confirms that it has in place adequate safety and security measures to keep your personal information safe and secure in accordance with its obligations under the law.
- Access to Personal Data and Correction
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate. Please contact [email protected]
- Data Protection Registration
- We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner's Office.
- Our data protection registration number is ZA322365
- How to Contact Us
- We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 5104667 and our registered office is at Birkacre Nurseries & Garden Centre Limited, Birkacre Road, Chorley, PR7 3QL
- Our principal place of business is at the address above.
- You can contact us by post, using the postal address shown above by telephone, on 01257 270473 or by email, using [email protected]